More information has been released about who will be in attendance at D23 Destination D: Attraction Rewind at Walt Disney World Resort. The office press release is below.
BURBANK, Calif. – May 27, 2014 – The roster of talent continues to grow for D23 Destination D: Attraction Rewind presented by H2O Plus. The event will take place November 22 and 23 at Walt Disney World Resort. D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will bring Disney archivists, Imagineers, Legends, and luminaries together to celebrate fan favorites suchas Adventure Thru Inner Space, If You Had Wings,and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with rarely seen concept art and images; vintage video clips; and hours of revealing stories. In addition, there will be a full day of presentations dedicated to Disney’s contributions to the 1964–65 New York World’s Fair.
Disney Legends Charlie Ridgway, Ron Logan, and Bill Sullivan have been added to the roster of presenters and panelists.
Plus, current Walt Disney Imagineers will take part in the two-day event sharing their stories and insights on Disney creations of yesterday, today, and tomorrow, including:
· Gary Landrum, show awareness producer, who archives and preserves the history and stories of Walt Disney Imagineering
· Jason Grandt, art director, whose projects include New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom Storybook
· Dave Minichiello, executive director, creative development, whose art direction guided Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
· Pam Rawlins, show producer, whose projects include Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Epcot’s Millenium
They join previously announced guests Disney Legends Marty Sklar, Bob Gurr, and Alice Davis; Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline; Disney and World’s Fair historians Bill Cotter, Stacia Martin, and Michael Kelley.*
In addition to over a dozen panels and presentations, the weekend will also include:
· A special exhibit designed by Walt Disney Archives in honor of the event.
· Pleasure Island: Rewind, an evening celebration themed around the Downtown Disney nightlife district.
· A pop-up shop from Mickey’s of Glendale, the famed Walt Disney Imagineering store, featuring a selection of exclusive Imagineering merchandise as well as limited-edition pins, T-shirts, and collectibles themed to the event.
The weekend event will take place in the convention center at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Tickets are currently available to D23 Gold and Silver Members at $190 each. Beginning May 28, tickets will be made available to D23 Free Members for $250 per ticket. All guests will receive a special gift.
More details about the program and tickets for D23 DESTINATION D: ATTRACTION REWIND presented by H2O Plus, as well as a special offer just for members of D23,can be found at D23.com/Events. Additional schedule announcements will be made in the coming months.