This issue of Disney twenty-three will be a hit with Star Wars fans. Read below for an inside look into this upcoming issue.
BURBANK, Calif. – NOVEMBER 02, 2015 – To celebrate the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Disney twenty-three unlocks the power of the force to give fans a look behind the making of the newest installment in the Star Wars saga. The issue opens with “guest editor” C-3PO admitting he is unfamiliar with D23: The Official Disney Fan Club (“…although I am very familiar with the R2 series of droid, I am less familiar with the D23 line. Would it be R2-D23?”) and continues with candid interviews with the original Star Wars leads—Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford—looking back (and ahead) at the ongoing strength of these out-of-this-world films.
Director J.J. Abrams—whose long-standing history with Disney goes back to the TV show Felicity—sits down for a revealing Q&A, and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy talks about inheriting one of the most beloved franchises of all time. Plus, Imagineer Scott Trowbridge gives fans a peek at what’s in store for guests at the parks, following Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger’s announcement at D23 EXPO 2015 of Star Wars-themed lands coming to Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
And the Star Wars adventures continue. Also included in the publication, available exclusively to D23 Gold Members:
· Stories behind the movie poster artwork for all seven films
· An exclusive interview with Star Wars Rebels executive producer Dave Filoni, who talks about his first, nerve-wracking meeting with George Lucas
· The incredible collectibles—past and future—that allow guests to bring the movies into their homes, including the story of the groundbreaking BB-8 toy
· A salute to George Lucas by Star Wars authority Steve Sansweet
Plus, there’s plenty of Disney magic in the winter issue of Disney twenty-three including:
- The story of how the new Disney•Pixar film The Good Dinosaur came to rule the Earth
- A look back at the creation of Fantasia, as it celebrates its 75th anniversary
- How The Finest Hours went from an unbelievable true story to a gripping new film
- Regular features including A Walk with Walt, D Society, and Ask Dave
Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Family Members as a benefit of their membership. The latest issue will begin arriving in mid-November.
The name “D23” pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his first studio in Hollywood. D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney’s 90-plus-year history. It gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication, Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com with members-only content; member-exclusive discounts; and special events for D23 Members throughout the year.
Fans can join D23 at Gold Membership ($74.99), Gold Family Membership ($99.99), and General Membership (complimentary) levels at D23.com and at DisneyStore.com/D23. To keep up with all the latest D23 news and events, follow DisneyD23 on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube.